But to make sure you take everything to your new device, you need a full backup. Your device might show a black screen during this process, so don’t worry and make yourself a coffee until the backup’s complete and your phone boots back. Now if you’re headed to flash a custom ROM, we will presume that you already have TWRP installed. If not, you can search our website for the device-specific tutorial. Google Photos enables you to backup Android photos and videos to the cloud.
Stephen has been passionate about writing his entire life and finally turned it into a professional career in 2016. He started out as a lesson plan writer in computer science and IT for Study.com, which allows students to earn real college credits online. That led him to Gadget Hacks, where Stephen got to write educational and informative pieces for Android smartphones. And now, he continues down that same path at Android Police, using his technical knowledge and skills to write how-to guides. His goal has always been to help as many people as possible learn something new about technology. When backing up and restoring an Android phone, advanced users have counted on one specific method since the early days of Android.
- Some users’ device have some problems and need to have it fixed through flash.
- After you create an account with the service, you can access your files from any device.
- The backup will take a few minutes to complete, so be patient.
- If you think there’s a more easy and effective method to backup Android devices, kindly let us know through the comments.
This is a great way to create a backup of your device in case you ever need to factory reset your device or if you want to move your data to a new device. In the case when your device does not have ramdisk in boot images, Magisk has no choice but to hijack the recovery partition. For these devices, you will have to reboot to recovery every time you want Magisk enabled. In order to flash the boot image on Nothing Phone 1, you can use the Fastboot commands or install it via TWRP Recovery. Here we share a direct link to download Nothing Phone 1 stock ROM and Boot Image. You also extract the boot image directly from the respective full ROM package.
Now if you want to flash Custom ROM or any flashable zip files then you must have a custom recovery installed on your phone. The reason why we use TWRP over other custom recoveries is the simplicity and the availability of the image file. Extracting the Boot.img file is time-consuming and requires some effort. Every smartphone brand has a unique firmware format, and the boot.img location on a firmware might also change. Many OEMs, like as Google and Motorola, enable users to extract boot.img files straight from their firmware.
- However, for newly launched phones the availability of TWRP recovery may take some time as per the development.
- Xiaomi devices are generally well-supported by developers as unlocking the bootloader does not violate the warranty.
- Today, I’ll show you exactly how to Install free all flash file downloads Custom ROM on Android without PC.
- You also get automatic cloud backups after your device has been charging and idle for two hours over Wi-Fi — taking care of everything for you in the background.
- You also extract the boot image directly from the respective full ROM package.
We will use our Google Account; you can sync all your App data, Contacts, Gmail, Calendar, Keep, Google Fit data with your Google account. In this method, we’ll go through easy steps on how to take Nandroid backup directly to PC. But the true power of the device can only be enjoyed once the user is in full control of the device, not the manufacturer. Once user gets full access, he can play with the entire power of the device but this may damage the device. So we need to make sure to take a backup of the device in case we run into situations where we cannot boot the device or some other issues. There are some benefits to running stock Android itself, however, that are well worth exploring. That will take you to a stock, unrooted ROM, with stock recovery as well.